Thursday, April 30, 2009

Stamps and Smiles Sketch Challenge #13

This card is for the Stamps and Smiles Sketch Challenge. I wanted to challenge myself to make something different, so I started up my cricut and cut out some swirls from my "Joys of the Season" cartridge. The DSP is Basic Grey, I picked it up while out shopping last weekend. Just bought one sheet of it. I loved the grey flowers and burnt orange vine. The stamp is by Martha Stewart. I was in Michaels and found this stamp in the clearance section for $5.99! The best part is, it came with TWO bird stamps!! I used my copics to colour the bird. At first I had wanted to pop the bird up on dimensionals but it seemed to be too much for the card, so I left the bird flat. I squished up some of the flowers from my Boho Blossoms Punch to give them some dimension and added a black punch of paper to the centre of them.

Thanks for stopping by!!

Happy Stamping!

Lesley :)

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Lesley, LOVE your awesome layout and the beautiful coloring on the image!!

    Thanks for playing along with Stamps and Smiles,
    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lesley, your card is so beautiful. I love the image and the coloring! Great work... Happy day for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super super job, so glad you got to play.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)