Monday, May 18, 2009

Penny Black Challenge and 2 Red Bananas Sketch Challenge

Oh boy!! I played two new card challenges today!! I have never played with the Penny Black Challenge or the 2 Red Bananas Blogs, it was so much fun!! Penny Black was a 321 recipe!! 3 flowers, 2 papers and 1 brad. I was inspired to play the 2 Red Banana's Sketch because of Silke's card!!
I used my Pink Cat Enchanted Lily stamp for the main image and used a Penny Black sentiment stamp. I need more Penny Black stamps!! The paper is Crate Paper, I bought it a while ago but didn't have the guts to use it...then I saw the flowers and decided to cut them out for the flower portion of the Penny Black Challenge. I also used my Martha fern punch again...I used some Basic Grey Periphey paper in Petit for the ferns.
The colour combo came from the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge to use Pink, Green and Brown. I just realized that they do not allow stampers to combine challenges!!! Oops! So back to the drawing board for that challenge!!
Hope you are enjoying your Long Weekend. I sure am!!
Smiles,
Lesley :)

9 comments:

  1. Oh Lesley this is beautiful this is one of my favourite papers (like you I didn't want to use it!!!)but was so pleased when I did. Gorgeous card and good luck. Sue :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute, love that paper, glad you used it. Thanks for joining the bananas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so beautiful, and I love the image and how you've colored it. I love those papers, too (I've used them on a lot of projects). Thanks for playing in 2RB's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lesley this is gorgeous, love the fab papers and details. Thanks for joining us this week at PBSC
    hugs
    Tracie :)x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your projects are wonderful, how creative are you. Shelagh told me about your blog so I had to come and visit, NICE STUFF.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah yes - that silke is a talented girl!! she certainly inspires me!! glad you joined in today - i hope you'll join in again at 2RB!! good luck with the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute!! So glad you joined us in the 2RedBananas challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fab, I love how you've combined the stamps! Thanks for joining the PB challenge this week!
    Beth xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is darling! I certainly understand how hard making that first cut into favorite paper can be, but seeing an adorable card like this should make next time a bit easier! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)