Monday, August 9, 2010

Hand Stamped Sentiments and the Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge

I had a wonderful birthday today.  My husband and I went to my parent's house and celebrated with them and my sister and her fella.  My mom made my favourite meal...soft tacos...yummy!!  She also made a fabulous homemade chocolate cake with white icing...also my favourite...it was such a nice day!  Thank you mom and dad!  We just got home, but all day I had been thinking about the sketch at the Sweet Stop and the colours at Hand Stamped Sentiments

This is what I came up with...


I should have paid more attention to the sketch at the Sweet Stop and not relied on my 35 year old brain for memory...so I guess the sketch was more of an inspiration...and I loved it!!  The colours at HSS just said "Birthday" to me...so I went with it...my mom told me today she needed more birthday cards for her stash.  So I am putting together a bundle of cards for her...this one will be on the top!


These are different colours to use with this stamp set "Charming" but I think it kinda works...what do you think?

Thanks for stopping by!
Smiles,
Lesley :)

Supplies
Stamps: On Your Birthday, Charming
Inks: Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise (Markers and Ink Pads)
Paper: Melon Mambo DSP, So Saffron Paper, Tempting Turquoise Paper, Whisper White Paper
Tools: Big Shot, Finial Press Embossing Folder, Tempting Turquoise 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Scallop Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Dimensionals

4 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card! Thanks for playing at The Sweet Stop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first card is gorgeous with all the layers and the embossing. Stunning!! I love the simplicity of the second card. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lesley, this is GORGEOUS! I love how you coordinated the inside as well. Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week. I hope to see you return soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, stunning card! I love the clean lines and bright colours!
    Thanks for joining in with the Sweet Stop Sketch challenge!

    Love Beth xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)