Sunday, August 22, 2010

Paper Players Challenge #12-Inspiration from Jaydee

The talented Jaydee has come up with a fabulous photo for us this week to use as an inspiration at the Paper Players Challenge Blog!  I was stumped at first with what to do but the colours really grabbed me, particularily Poppy Parade, So Saffron, Whisper White and Basic Black.  Here is the Inspiration Photo below!  Yummy isn't it!!!  Look at all that scrumptious food!  I thought of making a card that had a French Flair or maybe with some food images but the colours really stood out for me...loved those bright strawberries!!!


This is the card I came up with in Jaydee's Clean and Simple Style that I so admire.  I let the colours do all the work this week!  The white cardstock is actually Shimmery White Cardstock and really gleams in the light.  I used the "Inspired by Nature" Stamp set and the new "Word Play" Stamp set; I love this sentiment.  I left the butterflies simple...I just punched them out of So Saffron DSP with the Extra Large Butterfly Punch.  I was going to add pearls to make the butterflies' bodies but it was too heavy looking on the card.


Now it is your turn to play along!  Drop by the Paper Players Challenge Blog by clicking HERE and link up your creation.  The challenge ends Saturday, August 28th at 6pm.  We can't wait to see what you create!!

Thanks for stopping by!
Smiles,
Lesley :)

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Lesley! I love the clean and simple look and the colors are so pretty together. Thanks so much for inviting me to this challenge. I am thrilled to be part of such a talented team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh! Absolutely breath taking! Love the Poppy Parade!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lesley

    I think this is my favorite DT card this week. It's a perfect CAS card. I love the fact that the butterflies seem to be flying right out of the Poppy Parade and Basic Black frame you created. The sentiment is just so perfectly placed and so perfect with the butterflies. Love the fact that the inside reflects the outside....All round - a truly beautiful card. I LOVE it!
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)