Saturday, October 2, 2010

Stamping 411 Sketch

Wow...school just started and now I am into my classroom routine.  I feel like I finally have time to breathe and to make some cards!!!  I was really inspired by the Stamping 411 Sketch.  Actually, I was inspired by their last few sketches...but life has not allowed for card making!!  I wanted to start with the Bells and Boughs set.  I love it.  I used it to make a simple background paper for my card.  I also inked up the French Script in Crumb Cake and tried to create some of my own designer paper.  This Bells and Boughs set is such a clean stamping set.  The images are beautiful as background images and do not always need to be coloured.
So I made my background piece and then made the small rectangle images using the Spotlighting Technique.  Basically I stamped the same images and overlapped them, colouring only the overlapped parts of the image...so spotlight the poinsettias.  I also used lots of sponging with Crumb Cake Ink to give the card have an old fashioned feel.  I flipped the ribbon and the brads to fit my images better.  I stuck true to the main design.  It is a neat sketch.


Thanks for stopping by! 
Smiles,
Lesley

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Lesley
    hope you are doing well!
    take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is such a pretty layout for the Christmas Card I'll have to tuck it away to use for a class.TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your use of the stamps on the background! Gorgeous vintage look to this card too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! All the little touches make for a huge success! Thanks for sharing your talent with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is drop dead gorgeous!!! Thanks for sharing and playing along with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOWZERS! Both cards are beautiful! Love the idea to use those stamps as backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whew!!! This is is stunning!!! I love the use of color. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Just beautiful! Love that background you made!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card so traditional and beautiful Lesley. It caught my eye right away when I was scrolling through all the submissions. I think that says a lot right there. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card. I'm going to case it for my stamp-a-stack class. Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)