Monday, February 21, 2011

Card Club- Wednesday, February 23 and Stamping 411 Sketch Challenge


I have my Stamper's 6 Club on Wednesday and this week we will be learning a brand new technique called "Black Magic".  This technique is also refered to as the "Chalkboard" technique because it uses Chalks/Pastels on black or dark paper.


I used the great sketch from Stamping 411 for the first card I made with the black magic technique!!  I love the Stamping 411 sketch challenge site because they have so many great ideas, tips and simple sketches that allow you to be creative!!!! 

Here is their sketch:



Here is the card I created!  I elongated the panel and change the height of the card.  I used the wonderful "Just Believe" set for both of my cards, the solid image makes it the perfect choice for the Black Magic Technique.  The Old Olive Designer Paper is from the Bold Brights Designer Paper Pack. 


Thanks for stopping by!!  I sure hope my Club ladies like the cards we are going to make this week!!!
Smiles,
Lesley

Supplies Used: (All Stampin' Up)
Stamps: Just Believe 120453
Inks: Pastels, White Craft Ink, Real Red Classic Ink Pad (for sentiment)
Papers: Bold Brights Designer Paper Pack, Basic Black Cardstock, Real Red Cardstock, Naturals White Cardstock
Extras: Pearls, 5/8" Black Satin Ribbon, Modern Label Punch, Word Window Punch, Butterfly Embosslit Die, Big Shot

12 comments:

  1. Your club ladies will love this technique!! Love the black with these beautiful flowers, and the pop of red is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This technique is a blast! Love how vivid the colors are on the black background. Thanks for playing along with the Stamping 411.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO pretty! I keep thinking I'm going to try this technique and just never do....now maybe I will. They're gorgeous.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Lesley these are soooo beautiful and the colors are sooo striking and GORGEOUS!!! OOOO they will LOVE these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally gorgeous! I love the bright beautiful colors against the black. They're gonna love it, it's a total wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful technique and you did a fabulous job with it! The colors are so striking against the black - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So bright and beautiful! It's just pops in a big time way. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job with the Black Magic technique. The red looks so beautiful against the black and it just pops! Thanks so much for playing along at Stamping 411 this week! Blessings, Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! These are really eye-popping. I love this technique. I really need to try it more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome technique!!! Love the cards. Those flowers just pop off the black paper.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely technique and your cards are wonderful! Congratulations on your top 5 pick on Stamping 411!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so stunning! Did you use the applicators or daubers to apply your chalk? TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)