Friday, August 19, 2011

Friday Mashup #20-Sweet as a Button...

...and cute as a CUPCAKE!  Good morning!!!  Friday is here and with it the "Friday Mashup" Challenge!  This week is a cute challenge, featuring Cupcakes (my favourite) and buttons (which is something I always forget to add!)  I used brads instead!



Create a project using Buttons .
Create a project featuring "Cupcakes".
or "Mash it Up!" and create a project with Cupcakes & Buttons!

I inked up an old favourite using new colours!  Calypso Coral and Lucky Limeade...those colours scream "BIRTHDAY" to me!!!  Happy and cheerful, the new In Colours are so much fun to play with!!!

I paper pieced the cupcake with Designer Paper and smooched spritzed the top of my cupcake to make it sparkle.  The Designer Paper is the new In Colour Paper Pack and see those fun brads...they are new In Colour brads in Lucky Limeade!!!  The sentiment comes from the Petite Pairs stamp set, this is a MUST HAVE because all the sentiments fit in the Oval punches which I think is awesome!!!!

We hope that you will join the Friday Mashup Challenge this week!  Please be sure to visit the other DT Members to see their wonderful creations!
 
Friday Mashup Design Team
Thanks for stopping by!!!  As always if you have any questions about my cards or projects please email me.  My email is located at the top of my blog in my banner.  Speaking of blog banners, I created a new one using MDS...what do you think?  I love Sage Shadow and decided to use that for my main colour.  Speaking of banners, I am offering some blog candy, you can enter for it by clicking HERE.
Smiles,
Lesley

9 comments:

  1. Your new Blog Design is super cute, Great new Banner! Love your Mashup Card this week. I bet that sparkle on your icing is very pretty. We used the same set & Calypso Coral ! I think that color is growing on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those colors are fabulous together! Perfect for a birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lesley!

    Wow, this card is stunning. I instantly loved the Lucky Limeade when it came out but the Calypso Coral wasnt a favorite of mine...your card definitely makes me rethink that! I am really liking the DSP you used.

    Thanks for the nice comments you left me! I do believe we drove through Dawson City when we moved to Alaska. It sure sounds familiar.Isnt it a really small town?

    BTW, your blog header is fantastic! You did that with MDS? Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these two colours together are fantastic. Such a fun card! Brads are my "go to" embellishment - I always want to sew my buttons on when I use them - so I don't reach for them right away.
    Have a great weekend!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable, Lesley! I love the layout and the sweet color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lesley, You have carried off this weeks challenge brilliantly. Love your card. While Lucky Limeade is definitely not on my favourite colours list I really like Calypso Coral and you've used it beautifully.

    Cheers,
    Kasey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lesley, what a great take on the challenge. This is a fabulous color combo.. I haven't tried it.. now I need to.
    Thanks for reminding me about the new in color brads. I keep forgetting about them!
    Hugs
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute mashup card, great colors. Thank you so much for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable and yummy! I have not gravitated to calypso coral yet...but with that limeade it makes me think of a candy store! Fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)