Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Paper Players Theme Challenge: "Music"


It is Sunday and that means a new "Paper Players" Challenge! The lovely LeAnne is our hostess with the mostess and I am SO excited about her theme this week...MUSIC!  I love music, started as a music teacher and had a wonderful stint as a professional singer on stage. 


My card features a brand new set to me, "Jolly Bingo Bits"! I inked up the cardinal in this set. I also used the Music Wheel to make some music notes that I punched out with the new 1" Square Punch and then matted with the Scallop Square Punch. I love my punches!


The ribbon comes from a Christmas gift I received last year, I kept the ribbon for cards this year!  I just LOVE to recycle. I used some of the new Mini Bells for this card too...to go with the music theme.  The background of the card is created with the new snowflake embossing folder and the sentiment comes from "Four the Holidays".  I wish you could see the card in person, because I used the new "Dazzling Details" glitter glue for all of the snowflakes in the embossed background, it REALLY shimmers!  Right before I took the picture, I smudged my thumb in some Espresso Ink and got it on my card!  Argh!  Hopefully you won't notice it.


I hope that you will join the Paper Players Challenge this week!  Please be sure to visit the other DT Members to see their wonderful creations!  Cindy Hall is joining us as our October Guest Designer!  Welcome Cindy!



The Paper Players Design Team
Tara Bilbao
Cindy Hall (October GD)



Thanks for stopping by!!!

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Lesley! I love all the little details you added.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card Lesley! Love how you've embossed only the top of the base layer and left room for a sentiment. Love how the checked ribbon mimics the 4 focal squares too! Adorable card, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love all the texture on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Lesley! I love the little red bird; he's a great focus on the card! I need to remember not to emboss the whole panel so I can do sentiments like that; it looks so nice! No smudge visible to me. :) Enjoy your class today! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Lesley! That red really pops and I love red. Wonderful images too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lesley, this is great! LOVE that red and white with just the right amount of black! The gingham ribbon is so perfect for this card - as are the little jingle bells!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just adore this red and white! Beautiful holiday card - love how you incorporated the music! And I switched to chrome - thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful and classy, Lesley! I love the recycled ribbon with the jingle bells. The red and white look so clean and crisp! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very pretty, Lesley! I love the bells and your little cardinal looks like she is enjoying the "snow" on your card! Thanks for making such a great card using my musical theme!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty! I love the design and would love to see that sparkle! Love the little bells!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty card Lesley! I love that you broke down the Music Wheel onto the squares. So clever. The jingle bells were the perfect finishing touch with the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lesley what a sweet card. I LOVE those little jingle bells!So cute. and hey... how about YOU being a superstar! You go girl!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Leslie, This is such a fabulous card with so many wonderful elements. I love how you embossed the background for all that texture, but my favorite part is how you cut out the musical notes. I have never thought of that. A crisp clean card with lots of dimension -Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just the sweetest card. I love the Red and White... classic Christmas to me. I can just imagine how pretty it is in person with the Dazzling Details. I looked really hard for the smudge(something I do on a regular basis) and couldn't find one! :) Oh, and thank you sooooo much for the warm welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so cute, Lesley. I love the little windows of music with the one little bird, and the little bells are a great musical addition. Love that gingham ribbon too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, my this is beautiful and I love the gingham ribbon! Beautiful homespun Christmas card

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lesley - I love this, the geometric lines of the squares and ribbons play off so nicely against the embossed background and off the scalloped squares. What a great contrast between the shapes and the colors. I love everything about it! Hope you are having a great week and a good start to the weekend! (BTW, Happy Canadian Thanksgiving! - a couple days early *smile*)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)