Saturday, February 21, 2015

Viva La Verve {Kind Words} & The Color Throwdown



Hi stamping friends!

Been slow to craft these days. Life has been full and I was unwell. I tried to craft today and I will admit I am out of practice. It's funny how hard it can be to throw a card together when you have not stepped into your craft space for weeks. But I went to work and played along with my friend Stacey's fun sketch at Verve. I didn't follow Stacey's sketch to the letter but I was inspired to play along!


My sweet friend, Debbie told me to add some glitter to my flower...so I did! I think it turned out great! Thank you, Debbie for pushing me out of my comfort zone!



Also entering this into the current Color Throwdown Challenge. 

Supplies Used:
Papers: Black, White, MME
Inks: Black-Versa Magic
Stamps: Verve
Dies: Stitched Ovals-MFT & Flags (MFT)
Embossing folder-Stripes by SU!

15 comments:

  1. gorgeous...love all of the yellow and the quote is fantastic. Hope you feeling much better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you haven't felt well Lesley, hope you're better soon. Your card is so pretty, I love that sweet flower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though you say it was hard to craft again, you did a beautiful job. I love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a gorgeous card !
    Hope you feel better soon !
    !neke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even though you haven't been crafting much - your mojo is still in excellent form! Gorgeous card, Lesley - hope you're feeling fit & healthy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card!! I love the yellow flowers and that sentiment is beautiful. I hope you are feeling better soon. It stinks to be sick!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Lesley! Sorry to hear you haven't been well! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you are feeling much better Lesley! Gorgeous card - love that flower! Great suggestion by your friend to add a little glitter! Hugs D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. Hope you are feeling beter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lesley, this is just so beautiful. So happy to see you back being crafty. You have been missed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How pretty!!! You have used the colors and the sketch beautifully....love that gorgeous flower!!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that flower....colored fabulously!!! So glad you joined us at CTD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How did I MISS this AMAZING Beauty?????? Awesome card to start my morning with!!!!!!! Have a SUPER Day Lesley!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)