Saturday, May 9, 2015

TGIF Challenges {Sketch} & Verve {Thinking of You}


I found a new challenge and wow, is their design team talented! Lots of eye candy over at TGIF Challenges and this week they have a sketch! I loved the sketch and couldn't wait to get inky! I inked up an old Stampin' Up set of mine called Growing Green. This set is long retired but one of my favourites. I inked the "leafy" bit with Copics and then softened the look by creating a frame with vellum. The sentiment is from Verve.


I embossed the background and created a flag piece down the middle instead of the "flag". I hope that it ok! I stamped some French Script in Wisteria Wonder Ink on the purple cardstock and sponged the sides. I love these label dies and I am sad they are retiring. Thank you to the TGIF for encouraging me to dust them off and to use them!

13 comments:

  1. So pretty, love the pops of purple Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Lesley. Love purple and green.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The touch of vellum is a delight, it really adds a touch of softness and gorgeous colouring, off to check out that challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply gorgeous Lesley! Love your sweet flowers, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card, Lesley! Love how you softened the fern with the vellum and that gorgeous flower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soft and pretty. Love that touch of vellum in the centre of your 'frame'. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marvelous job with the sketch Lesley, this is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the kind words on the design team at TGIF it is super amazing to work with those girls and one guy, we are all so excited to have people playing with us already. Your card is fabulous, I adore the vellum window and the colouring of the flower is spot on.

    Thank you again for the kind words and shout out, look forward to you playing we us again at TGIF challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this is LOVELY! You've inspired me BIG TIME with this beautiful design!! It wonderful to see Growing Green being used again .... love this stamp set and what you created with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice card! That flower is sooo vivid...Love It!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your coloring on this card is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at TGIF and I hope you join some future challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just gorgeous! Love all the texture and layers on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is really beautiful - everything about it. I, too, love the softening effect of the vellum and the gorgeous coloring of the flower.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)