Monday, June 1, 2015

The Challenge #37 {A Sketch and a new Featured Designer!}


It is is the start of a brand new month and we a sketch for you to try! Feel free to change the shapes and make the sketch your own! I sure did, using only three "flags" out of the side of my oval. I also changed the orientation of my oval...so feel free to have fun with the sketch! I used a floral stamp set from Paper Smooches and the sentiment comes from WPlus9 both sets were bought at Butterfly Relfections Ink.


This month we are thrilled to have Karolyn Loncon as our Featured Designer!


Hello! My name is Karolyn Loncon.  I'm a retired Legal Assistant, married to Garry since 1980, and mom to Amy (married to Joe) and Ashley (married to Blake and the mother to Brecken, Brenner and Brynley.)  I’m blessed to live in Issaquah, Washington in the summer, and Chandler, Arizona in the winter. I love most paper crafts, but especially stamping and card-making.  The name of my blog is Paper Therapy.  I love to laugh, travel and play BINGO (don’t judge - LOL)! I started paper crafting in 2002 when my older daughter “abandoned” me to go to college.  I scrapbooked as my therapy.  Shortly thereafter, a friend invited me to a Stampin’ Up! party, and the rest is history.  Once I discovered stamping and card making, my need for instant gratification took over.  I haven’t touched a scrapbook since!  Ha!  I would say that my style is mostly clean and simple, although I throw in some fun and cute every now and then.  I’ve been fortunate to have many of my projects published in paper crafting magazines.  I also currently design projects for Avery Elle Stamps and My Favorite Things, and have recently enjoyed participating as one of the Guest Artists for the Online Card Classes.  So much fun!!

Welcome, Karolyn!

The design team have created some inspiration to get you in the crafting mood! Come and join us! Our weekly winner will be our next Guest Designer! So come and join the fun!

 Karolyn Loncon-Featured Designer





Kim HegginsAnita MaddenKimberly Wiener

Lee Ann Barrett Claire BroadwaterNance Salkeld
You Add Color to My Life card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things




Lori Tecler Michele Ferguson

5 comments:

  1. great cards from the DT and love your use of black and the little stamped flowers. This sketch scares me, lots going on there, makes my CAS heart beat a little too fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Lesley. The black mat around those bright flowers really makes them pop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun sketch! Thanks for the challenge and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You amaze me, Lesley- every card you make looks like it came together with ease. The black details here make everything pop! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun card Lesley! I love the bright flowers..the black sure makes them pop!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)