Monday, March 21, 2016

The Challenge #65 {Happy Birthday, Kim Heggins!}

Hello and Welcome to Week Three at The Challenge! Wow, this month is zooming by! After taking a couple of weeks off to rest, I am back into the crafty swing of things and it felt good to ink up some new goodies. This week we have an Inspiration Challenge and we hope you will join us! It's pink and loads of fun!



Are you looking for last week's winner? Please CLICK HERE.

Each week we have a fun challenge for your to try!!! We do a different style of challenge each week! We like to mix things up and keep them fresh!

Here is the monthly rotation:
Week 1-Sketch
Week 2-Colours
Week 3-Photo Inspiration
Week 4-Masculine Photo Inspiration
Week 5-Wild Card (a surprise!)



I made this card to help celebrate a dear friend and teammate...Kim Heggins! Yesterday was her birthday and her friend, Kylie is hosting a birthday hop in her honour! Congrats Kim and Happy Birthday! I hope you enjoyed a marvelous day! 


I obviously was inspired by the pink flowers! I kept my design simple. I stamped the roses and the leave in Distress Ink onto Crafter's Companion watercolour paper. I REALLY like this paper. I have tried Ranger and some paper pads I bought from Michael's. The Crafter's Companion paper comes in full 8.5" x 11" sheets. Perfect for making single layer cards if you want! It is smooth on each side. I think it is the best bang for my buck. 


The design team have created some inspiration to get you in the crafting mood! Come and join us! Our weekly winner will be our next Guest Designer! So come and join the fun!

(Featured Designer)
The Challenge GD 3



10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Lesley, love the watercolor roses!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! Your card to celebrate Kim's birthday is beautiful, Lesley! She will love your garden flowers, so brightly colored ~ and bonus using that NBUS!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lesley...thank you so much for the most beautiful card. I love your gorgeous flowers! Thank you so much for making my birthday so special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Playing along this week for the photo challenge. Happy Birthday Kim. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, your watercolours flowers are beautiful Lesley.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your beautiful watercolored flowers, Lesley!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so pretty! I may have to get some of that watercolor paper to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous florals, Lesley ... the soft watercolouring is just lovely! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday Kim! Love this gorgeous challenge and the colors are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)